Excessive College Summer time Go was formally referred to as Teen Summer time Problem, which was the primary program of its variety launched in 2019 and noticed greater than 900,000 teenagers sign-up and full greater than 5.5 million exercises over a three-and-a-half-month interval. Beginning right this moment, excessive schoolers can go to PlanetFitness.com/SummerPass to pre-register, and get a reminder to formally enroll when this system formally kicks off on Monday, Could 16. Teenagers beneath 18 should register with a guardian or guardian on-line or in-club.
PLANET FITNESS EMPOWERS TEENS TO STAY ACTIVE
Based on the Journal of the American Medical Affiliation (JAMA) Community Open, lower than 15 % of teenagers met the 60-minute every day bodily exercise suggestion throughout the pandemic.** And a nationwide examine*** commissioned by Planet Health discovered that 93 % of American teenagers need to remain wholesome and lively over the summer time months, however many lack motivation or entry to take action. Excessive College Summer time Go affords an answer for youngsters keen to remain lively when college sports activities applications, gymnasium lessons and after college actions wind down.
“Because the chief in health, we imagine now we have a duty to offer a welcoming, secure, and Judgement Free setting for highschool college students to enhance their bodily and psychological wellness, notably given the challenges they’ve and proceed to face within the wake of the pandemic,” stated Chris Rondeau, Chief Govt Officer at Planet Health. “Our examine discovered that almost all (92 %) highschool college students agreed that when they’re recurrently bodily lively, they really feel significantly better mentally. Health is about feeling good, too, and our hope is that Excessive College Summer time Go empowers teenagers to create life-long exercise habits to assist them achieve each facet of their lives.”
To additional encourage excessive schoolers to make health a precedence, all individuals who enroll beginning Could 16 are routinely entered into The Planet Health Excessive College Summer time Go Sweepstakes. Planet Health will award one $500 scholarship in every state (and the District of Columbia), and one grand prize $5,000 scholarship on the finish of the summer time****. These scholarships can be utilized for educational or athletic actions or applications.
INSIGHT INTO TEEN HEALTH & FITNESS
To uncover how excessive schoolers view well being and health right this moment, Planet Health commissioned a nationwide examine in partnership with Materials to make clear psychological and bodily well being from each teenagers’ and fogeys’ views. Though negatively impacted by the pandemic, teenagers are able to make a dedication to getting wholesome, each bodily and mentally.
Key findings embrace:
- Bodily Health for the Win. Regardless of three in 5 teenagers (60 %) reporting their regular well being and health routines had been severely disrupted over the past two years, practically all (89 %) of their dad and mom credit score common train and bodily exercise as serving to their teenagers address the challenges of the pandemic. And practically all (92 %) teenagers agree that when they’re recurrently bodily lively, they really feel significantly better mentally.
- Though many teenagers make train and health a precedence of their life (65 %), there are vital obstacles to doing so. In reality, 78 % of teenagers observe that simply gaining access to a spot to work out and having the ability to take action with mates (72 %) would profit their well being and health journeys.
- A majority of teenagers who train additionally agree that bodily health makes them really feel more healthy (61 %), stronger (57 %) and happier (50 %). It additionally offers the significant well being advantages of extra power (69 %), elevated energy (64 %) and stress reduction (61 %).
- And 84 % of teenagers agree that there has by no means been a greater time than now to give attention to their well being.
- Psychological Well being Takes Heart Stage. Nearly half (48 %) of teenagers admit that they struggled with psychological well being for the primary time throughout the pandemic. And greater than half (51 %) clarify they at present wrestle with nervousness.
- Mother and father are overwhelmingly involved about how the previous two years have impacted their teenagers’ psychological well being (71 %), general well being (66 %) and bodily health (60 %). And 71 % are equally involved for his or her excessive schooler’s educational progress and preparedness for school.
- That stated, greater than 4 in 5 teenagers report they’re feeling hopeful about what’s to return sooner or later (85 %) and that the pandemic confirmed them how sturdy they are surely (82 %).
- Let’s Get Speaking. Mother and father have overwhelmingly spoken extra recurrently to their teenagers over the previous two years about subjects like shallowness and confidence (92 %), train and understanding (88 %) and psychological well being (82 %). Nearly all of teenagers right this moment additionally say they’re now extra open and communicative about their emotions (79 %).
- Display Time, Extra Time. A majority of fogeys (55 %) additionally report the time their teenagers spends on social media has elevated for the reason that begin of the pandemic. In reality, many dad and mom really feel their teenagers are spending extra time being sedentary than lively – 54 % famous their teenagers textual content extra right this moment, 52 % noticed an uptick in taking part in video video games and 50 % of fogeys say their teen is spending extra time watching TV.
- And extra teenagers agree they spend an excessive amount of time in entrance of screens than they did proper earlier than the pandemic (61 % in 2022 versus 52 % in 2020).
A SAFE, CLEAN AND WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT TO GET MOVING
Along with free in-club health coaching that every one Excessive College Summer time Go individuals may have entry to, the licensed trainers at Planet Health have additionally designed 15 trainer-led exercise movies and 10 downloadable exercises – encompassing cardio, energy, firming and sports activities circuits – simply for top schoolers (throughout all health ranges). This content material might be out there on the Planet Health App and at PlanetFitness.com/SummerPass beginning Could 16.
This summer time and all year-round, Planet Health’ high precedence continues to be conserving its members and workers secure and is the primary health model to obtain the WELL Well being-Security Score for Facility Operations and Administration by the Worldwide WELL Constructing Institute (IWBI). The ranking acknowledges Planet Health’ management in adopting the main framework to make sure a safer and more healthy setting for its workers and members throughout all of its greater than 2,200 amenities.
Enhanced COVID-19 security and sanitization protocols at its well-ventilated and spacious golf equipment embrace:
- Touchless check-in through the free Planet Health App – out there to all Excessive College Summer time Go individuals
- A Crowd Meter on the Planet Health App that permits members to examine membership capability in real-time earlier than even leaving the home
- Elevated sanitization to repeatedly clear and sanitize high-touch areas, with cleansing stations out there for member use
- Masks insurance policies in accordance with native pointers
For extra data on Excessive College Summer time Go, together with how to enroll in the free membership at any of the greater than 2,200 Planet Health places nationwide, go to PlanetFitness.com/SummerPass.
*Youngsters ages 14 – 19 can go to any Planet Health location in the USA. Teenagers should work out on the location they enroll at and should not permitted to make use of different places. Teenagers beneath 18 should sign-up with a guardian or guardian in-club or on-line at PlanetFitness.com/SummerPass. As soon as the guardian or guardian waiver is signed for teenagers beneath 18, teenagers can work out alone. College students who’re already 18 don’t want a guardian or guardian to be current throughout the sign-up course of.
** Affiliation of Youngsters’s Bodily Exercise and Display Time With Psychological Well being Through the COVID-19 Pandemic, JAMA Network Open
*** On-line survey carried out by Materials to 1,012 nationally consultant American teenagers aged 15 – 18 and their dad and mom, with a margin of error of +/- 3 %.
****No buy mandatory. Open to authorized residents of the 50 U.S./D.C., who’re 14-19 years of age (with guardian approval if beneath age of majority). Begins 12:00 am ET on 5/16/22; ends 11:59 pm ET on 8/31/22. For Official Guidelines, go to PlanetFitness.com/sweepstakes-rules.
About Planet Health
Based in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Health is likely one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of health facilities in the USA by variety of members and places. As of December 31, 2021, Planet Health had 15.2 million members and a couple of,254 shops in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico and Australia. The Firm’s mission is to reinforce individuals’s lives by offering a high-quality health expertise in a welcoming, non-intimidating setting, which we name the Judgement Free Zone®. Greater than 90% of Planet Health shops are owned and operated by unbiased enterprise women and men.
SOURCE Planet Health, Inc.