The World Health Organisation recognises that excess sodium in salt can cause health issues:
They state that:
- High sodium consumption (>2 grams/day, equivalent to 5 g salt/day) and insufficient potassium intake (less than 3.5 grams/day) contribute to high blood pressure and increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Most people consume too much salt—on average 9–12 grams per day, or around twice the recommended maximum level of intake.
- Salt intake of less than 5 grams per day for adults helps to reduce blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and coronary heart attack. The principal benefit of lowering salt intake is a corresponding reduction in high blood pressure.
- WHO Member States have agreed to reduce the global population’s intake of salt by a relative 30% by 2025.
- Reducing salt intake has been identified as one of the most cost-effective measures countries can take to improve population health outcomes. Key salt reduction measures will generate an extra year of healthy life for a cost that falls below the average annual income or gross domestic product per person.
- An estimated 2.5 million deaths could be prevented each year if global salt consumption were reduced to the recommended level.
So while a lot of people do look for low sodium salt, wouldn’t it be great to also get a salt that the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recognise over 40 health benefits?
SuperSalt is a game changer, it is so rich in minerals that a single teaspoon provides a host of benefits!
Use it in your cooking, or simply as a better alternative condiment on your table.
It is even more mineral rich than Himalayan salt!
Salt is something we use everyday and SuperSalt tastes fantastic, you will easily make the swap without noticing any change in the flavours of your food.
Eureka Supplements have sourced this European made product and are able to ship it anywhere in the world, so don’t delay… change your salt today!